08/10/16 9:18:02 AM|
Link to NYMEX Energy
President Obama signed into law the Water Resources Reform and Development Act (H.R. 3080)
which included SPCC exemption language for farmers.
The SPCC language will increase threshold sizes for Avoveground Storage Tank (AST) regulation at
the farm level, and allow more farms to self-certify spill plans compared to current EPA SPCC regula-
tions. Specifically the language will:
- Exempt all farm tanks of 1,000 gallons or less from the SPCC rule, and farms with an aggregate
- tank storage capacity of 2,500 gallons or less would not have to comply with EPA's SPCC rule.
- Increase the farm exemption threshold with up to 6,000 gallons aggregate of aboveground oil
- storage pending the completion of a study looking at a permanent exemption for farms with
- 2,500 to 6,000 gallons.
- Permit farms to self-certify their spill prevention plans if their aggregate aboveground oil storage
- is between 6,000 and 20,000 gallons with no individual tank greater than 10,000 gallons and no
- history of oil spills. Self-certify no single tank above 10,000.
- Require a professional engineer to certify the plan if the farm has an individual storage tank
- greater than 10,000 gallons, an aggregate aboveground oil storage greater than or equal to
- 20,000 gallons, or a reportable oil discharge history.
Technically the effective date follows one year of study and 18 monthe for a final rule, but the EPA will
come out with an announcement in a few days on how it plans to implement the WRDA mandates and
what is to happen in the meantime.
We will keep you posted.
We stock a complete line of Cenex fuels, lubricants and propane. Delivery available.
Also tires for farm machinery, truck, car, utility vehicles, filters and batteries for all applications. Installation and oil changes available. Call Kurt at 320-668-2325 for details.